To Pay dues by mail, send check to:
Yankee Paw Paddlers, Inc.
P.O. Box 901
Monroe, Connecticut 06468
Besure to indicate MEMBERSHIP DUES on the check.
To Pay On-Line:
(1) Pull down menu for Fee amount and click on appropriate fee.
(2) Pull down menu for Type of Membership and click on your membership type.
(3) Hit the Pay Now button to go to PayPal and follow instructions for payment.
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION and RENEWAL
YiPPI is a not-for-profit club dedicated to do all in its power to promote, educate and advance safe, fun canine watersports training and testing for all kinds of dogs and their people.
READ ALL THE CHECK BOXES and CLICK THE ONES THAT APPLY.
Click the SUBMIT APPLICATION button before you go to the payment method.
If you are having trouble submitting, clear the form and avoid using an Auto Fill prompt.
MISSION STATEMENT AND OBJECTIVES
To do all in its power to promote, educate and advance safe, fun canine watersports training and testing for all kinds of dogs and their people.
To conduct all club affairs with an atmosphere of generosity, support, encouragement and good sportsmanship.
To conduct watersports training and educational opportunities that are based on healthy, safe, respectful and motivational methods designed to gain volunteered cooperation without creating stress and fear.
To conduct sanctioned matches and water testing events under the rules established by Canine Water Sports.
To conduct other canine watersports matches and water testing events created by official watersports organizations that have been approved by the YiPPI Board of Directors.
GENERAL SAFETY AND ETIQUETTE RULES
All dogs, not posing a health or safety risk, are welcome at YiPPI events.
All persons attending a club event shall treat people and dogs with courtesy and respect.
Any person attending or participating in a club event does so at his or her own risk and assumes responsibility for any damage or injury caused to or by them or to or by their dogs.
Spectators and participants agree to abide by club and event rules and regulations.
Spectators under the age of 13, must be supervised by an adult who is not handling a dog.
Any person bringing a dog, which is not registered for a club event, shall keep the dog under control and on a leash or in safe confinement.
Dog owners are responsible for their dog’s behavior and safety.
Dog handlers and owners shall be age 18 or older.
A dog handler shall closely supervise and control their dog, especially when restraint free and shall work to prevent or immediately stop their dog from intimidating, provoking or creating a risk of harm to people or animals.
Unruly dogs shall be placed on a lead, not longer than 6 feet, and removed from the situation or placed in safe confinement.
No person shall leave an animal unattended and or exposed to conditions which may cause injury or death. Handlers shall pay particular attention to temperature changes, sun exposure, ventilation and the duration of confinement.
Dogs shall not be disruptive. Continuous howling, whining or barking is inappropriate for club events.
Handlers with bitches-in-season shall be aware of their proximity and shall use due care to avoid distracting other dogs. When not in the water, it is recommended, that bitches-in-season wear protective panties.
Trainers shall train dogs with safe, respectful and motivational methods designed to avoid fear and undue stress.
Volunteered canine cooperation shall be the goal of training.
No dog shall be compelled to enter the water.
It shall be the duty of the club to report criminal acts to the authorities. Behavior determined by club officials to be negligent, offensive, abusive, threatening or dangerous toward people, dogs or other animals, will not be tolerated.
At least 1 adult person, whose duty shall be to safety-watch, shall be present whenever another person is swimming or working their dog in the water.
Dog handlers shall use designated areas for canine elimination and shall immediately clean up after their dog.
When in the water or on a boat, dogs shall be free of throat-wear and may only wear a life jacket for swim training or a harness for submersion training.
When in the water or on a boat, all persons shall wear an active personal flotation device and safe water shoes.
There shall be no smoking or alcohol consumption during club training, testing or meetings. There shall be no smoking at club social events.
Private audio and image recordings made for personal, not-for-profit, record keeping may be done with permission of the club and those who are included in the recording. The club reserves the exclusive right to record its events for education, publicity, sales and club welfare.
Sportsmanship: All participants in a club event shall strive to enjoy an activity for its own sake and shall exhibit politeness, self-control and gratitude during a sporting event whether achievement is gained or not. A person of good character is honest, fair, helpful, generous, respectful and kind toward people and dogs.
ETIQUETTE AND RULES FOR LAKE-USE
The purpose of our practice sessions are to give YiPPI members an opportunity to share club resources, including equipment, members know-how, handling & stewarding skills and to provide access to land and water for training canine watersports behaviors.
YiPPI members have signed a participation agreement indicating that they will not compel or force a dog into the water. We agree that dogs have the right to refuse water work and to have that refusal acknowledged and respected by their handler. (See: Its time for a break when...).
WATER SAFETY RULES
Long lines and canine throat collars may not be used in the water due to safety concerns. Leads attached to a canine harness or life jacket shall be no longer than five feet, made from floating material and made without a loop handle or any knot or addition which may cause a snag.
People entering the water or riding on a boat shall wear an active, government approved, personal flotation device (Life jacket) and protective footwear.
Dogs being conditioned, all puppies under a year, dogs with or recovering from an illness or injury and all dogs being trained for a new behavior, shall wear a life jacket. Trained and conditioned dogs rehearsing test and or diving behaviors may practice without a life jacket provided the dog is wearing a harness.
Boats used to board dogs from the water shall have a step on the stern to aid the dog and the handler in boarding the dog. Handlers shall avoid pulling their dogs up the stern.
Please remember only safe, controllable dogs are welcome at practice sessions. If your dog will bite people please do not bring the dog to these practice sessions.
No smoking on or near the beach or near crated dogs.
There must always be two adult people present when a person is training their dog in the water.
GENERAL RULES FOR SHARING LAKE TIME
1. Trainers/Handlers may sign-up for lake reservations on the YiPPI electronic sign-up list provided to members only. There must be a beach supervisor listed and present before a handler may use the beach.
2. Any member may volunteer as a Beach Supervisor and shall be responsible for keeping the sessions organized and the grounds safe and clean. The Beach Supervisor speaks for the club on all matters concerning the day’s schedule, safety and clean-up. The supervisor shall ensure All trash is removed from the property at the end of the sessions and all equipment is properly stored.
3. Training sessions may be reserved in 20 minute allotments, three sessions per hour. Handlers shall sign up on a first-come basis on the E:Reservation system. Sessions may be shared with other handlers and multiple “tolerant” dogs. The handler on record shall make a donation to the property owner for each 20 minute session used. See instructions at the lake.
4. Handlers are expected to remove their name from the E:Reservation List if they find they cannot make their reserved session. If a handler is canceling their reserved time within 24 hrs of that reserved time so others might use that time or the supervisor can clean-upand leave.
5. Handlers are expected to arrive with sufficient time to walk their dog(s) and prepare themselves and their dog(s) for the their scheduled water session. Handlers who arrive late may loose their turn or training time if they are not ready at their scheduled time.
6. As a member of a social group and a teaching organization -- YiPPI -- you are expected to help other teams train. Handlers may ask for help at anytime.
7. Any person visiting the lake shall take home what they brought to the lake, including canine elimination. Handlers shall clean up after their dogs and take canine waste and other garbage with them when they leave the property.
8. If you are the last session of the day you agree to help store equipment and clean up.
9. Dogs not being worked in the water shall remain under the control of their handler and shall not interfere or distract a working dog.
10. Male dogs may not be loose underthe tents, leg lifting accidentsshall be immediately washed by the dog’s handler.
11. Clean-up: All equipment shall be removed from the water and stored in its appropriate location. Markers are detached from weights and placed next to the boats. The small boat is placed upside down on the boat deck. The large boat is carried up and placed next to the boat deck, the boat platform is to removed. The plug shall be pulled at the stern and left open for drainage. Oars are returned to the pool house and placed behind the front door. Water Platforms are placed on their side and stacked at the bottom of the boat deck. Towable tubes are to be hung under the tent. The Beach Supervisor shall ensure the bathroom garbage is collected and removed from the property. ALL perishable food items are to be taken home; closed, non perishable food items may be stored in the pool house, but must not be left outside due to raccoons. Fold up the chairs, make sure the tents are in order and items are not left where they can blow around or get wet.
AFTER YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE APPLICATION AND INDICATED YOUR PAYMENT TYPE, SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION (CLICK SUBMIT BUTTON) AND THEN SCROLL DOWN TO THE PAYMENT PROCESS. YOU MAY PAY ON-LINE THROUGH PAYPAL (secure website) WITH A CREDIT CARD OR YOU MAY MAIL A CHECK TO YiPPI.